Project for children ages 7-22 years who use LEGO® Education to build solutions that are used in a particular industry.
- creating robots is scheduled for about 1.5 hours,
The level of difficulty of the project - medium:
- children aged 7-10 - assistance of an adult or work in a mixed group, where there is a child over 10 years old, is indicated
- children aged 11-16 - target group, it is possible for children to work alone or with peers
- children over 16 - the time needed to build individual robots: about 1 hour.
List of blocks necessary to conduct the workshops:
- LEGO MINDSTORMS 45544 EV3 Education
- 4 x wheel 94.3 x 38R - Serial number of tire: 92912
- Serial number of rim: 15038
- for each vehicle 4 pcs
As part of the project there is an introduction to the construction of mining robots. A 10-15 minute introduction was prepared on the subject of exploration of raw materials, general construction of mines and their use in everyday equipment. This short lecture was combined with a knowledge quiz. According to our observation it is in a very good way to introduce children to the subject classes.
We suggest you to prepare your independent short lecture in relation to the mining history of your area.